questions: TO DAH-DUH, IN MEMORIAM
1. How old was the protagonist and where did she come from?
2. Give a physical description of Dah-duh. How old was she?
3. What were Dah-duh’s preferences in grandchildren?
4. How did the locals react to the visitors?
5. What is the contrast between Dah-duh’s vision of Barbados vs. the protagonists description of New York in winter?
6. What were the talents that the protagonist displayed to Dah-duh?
7. How did Dah-duh react to her display?
8. What did the protagonist do when she wasn’t taken to visit relatives?
9. What is the contrast between Dah-dah’s experience with race vs. the protagonist’s experience with race?
10. What fact, mentioned by the protagonist, took all the fight from Dah-duh?
11. What did the protagonist do to cheer up Dah-duh?
12. When, and how, did Dah-duh die?
13. Identify the plot structure of the story?
14. What point of view is used in this story?
Contributor: Leisa Samuels-Thomas