1. What physical attribute was said to be a testament to Justene's temper?
2. Quote the song, in English, that was concocted about Justene.
3. Give physical descriptions of Gold and Silver?
4. What was Justene's mother's occupation? Who did she work for?
5. Who was Justene's father?
6. What grief was said to have sent Justene's mother to the grave?
7. How did the narrator court Justene?
8. How did Justene's mother put a stop to this?
9. What do the words shabine and jamette mean?
10. Quote the line, in the short story, that implies that Justene's mother invited white sailors in her home?
11. Quote the line that implies that these white sailors were invited into the home for Justene.
12. What plot structure is used in this short story?
13. What point of view is used to tell the story?
Contributor: Leisa Samuels-Thomas