1. List the members of Dorian's family.
2. What point of view is used to tell this short story?
3. What characteristic of her parents' relationship does Dorian miss? Why?
4. Which female parent does Dorian and Maria prefer? Provide on piece of evidence to prove your point.
5. What advice does Mrs. Robinson give Emma regarding her marriage?
6. How does Mrs. Robinson characterize Jack?
7. What critical information does Emma reveal about Jack, in relation to Dorian, to Mrs. Robinson?
8. What did Jack do at the train station that traumatized his family?
9. Recount Emma's reaction to Jack's actions at the train station?
10. Who became Jack's romantic interest?
11. What eventually happened to Dorian and Maria?
12. What plot structure is used in this short story?
Contributor: Leisa Samuels-Thomas